Saturday, July 18, 2020

JULY (start)

Summer weather is here--
hot and humid with rain in the afternoons--

starting a couple new sew alongs--
this one is called Jolly Bar--
but I am using a layer cake for my blocks--
First two --spinning spools and crows feet--


flying geese--

Heart blocks--

due north blocks

and I have decided to join in the Dirty Dozen for this next year--
here is my 'pile' of that dozen to do--
this months number is #5
and just happens to be the one on top--the flower blocks--


Got the window block all finished into a pillow--cute--

Here is the blocks for #5--this one was very challenging to finish off the top--
but finally this is the top finished--

I finally got the center part done--
had to go to actual wool squares for the colors--at 1 1/2" blocks-
and a cotton black--


and I used the black and the grey 2 1/2" blocks that I had cut wrong for inside
the quilt and used them on the border as I did not have enough of the wool colors
to do the outside borders too--
Even got it basted--

and have gotten half of the hand quilting finished on it--

finally got this pair of socks knitted--took along time--
but also started a new pair--
spent a day getting lots of embroidery projects ready to stitch--


more applique basket blocks done--



and more Silver lining blocks done--

another block--



And joined a Christmas in July stitch along--
Called Snowflakes--
first set of blocks--





Color of the month--
this months bird is a Robin--

and this is a stitchery stitch along for July--
first block is done--


I ended up taking a couple days off over the week end and first of the next week--
as I was having some chemical reactions to the new flooring they put down in the
apt next to me--couldn't think at all and the supplies had come in for me to finally do
my cosmos thread the right way so-
I sat and wound and wound thread--onto little cardboards--
but oh it looks so nice--





This was my leaders n enders project--
these were mini charms with white blocks in between--

and this months color is dark blue--
my southern ladies--


some embroidery--




And I just love love how this heart quilt came out--

it is all finished and hanging on the bedroom wall--

another little top--from leaders n enders--
charm packs-

and Birthday gift from Alice--

and where I am at on this counted cross stitching--

and what I did with the mermaids that I embroidered from Joy's site a couple years ago--



July was a very busy month with sewing--
and staying home continues cause of Covid 19!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment